Selling Your Saddle
You Set the Price or We Can Tell You Fair Market ValueDo you have a used saddle you’d like to sell? Just follow these 3 simple steps:
1. Call any of our three stores so we can get some basic information from you, i.e., brand, model, seat size, tree width, flap size/shape and general condition.
2. Bring saddle or ship to any of our three Charlotte’s locations.
3. Once received, we will call you to discuss a fair selling price and have you complete and sign a consignment contract.
Additional Consignment Policies:
- Used English and Western Saddles accepted at all 3 Charlotte’s locations.
- Saddle will be featured on our website as quickly as possible (usually within one week).
- Limited space – We can only accept certain saddles that have been cleaned and conditioned.
- We cannot accept saddle accessories or covers.
- Shoppers/buyers are allowed a 1 week trial period to test ride for proper size and fit.
- Once saddle is sold, there is a 4 week grace period to be sure the saddle is not returned.
- At the end of 4 week grace period, Charlotte’s will send a check to the address on the consignment contract, less 25% commission.
- If for any reason the saddle is not consigned or does not sell within the agreed contract selling time, owner is responsible for picking up the saddle or paying for return shipping charges via UPS.
- After notification, if the saddle is not returned to owner or picked up within 4 weeks following the end of the contract period, the saddle will become the property of Charlotte’s Saddlery.